OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Works collaboratively with the Registrar and associates to ensure maximum efficiencies of the Office of the Registrar. All student professionals assist with seasonal tasks and assignments:
- Pre-Registration and Registration
- Special Projects
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Includes the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Processes transcript requests
- Check all information on transcript request, if they are pre-1986 or current
- Record old transcripts from filing archives that have been sent
- Hold transcripts that have not cleared and email student with reason
- Handle transcript request calls, and date stamp each request
- File receipts and attach to the transcript request
- Make sure that seal is put away each night
- Change addresses by month from transcript request
- Send Griggs University transcript
- Make sure all transcripts get mailed every day, also FedEx
- Clear all NCAR accounts with accounting services (x4490-Ms. Moore)
- Answers telephones and records messages
- Back-up front desk, computer entry during registration
- Assist students in setting up their online accounts for MyWAU, Webadvisor, etc.
- Assist with getting the mail
- Copy all Withdrawal forms and send to Financial Aid, Student Accounts
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- Communication skill and knowledge.
- Customer Service experience.
- Superior command of English grammar and spelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Conversational Spanish as 2nd language helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people/departments.
- Applies logical methods to a wide range of practical problems.
- Must exhibit professionalism.
- Exhibit leadership skills.
- Possesses capacity for planning and organizing.
- Advanced skills in team building and motivation.
- Meet physical demands such as lifting item 10 pounds or more (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.