Washington Adventist University
Job Title: WAU Student - Office Assistant
Department: Department of Information Technology Services
Reports To: Technical Support Manager
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Works collaboratively with the ITS Director, supervisor and staff for general ITS and office administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as department receptionist
- Answer and direct inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Collect and mails correspondences, copies information, and performs general office duties.
- Helps maintain a clean and organize the ITS area as needed
- Maintains and orders supplies and inventory as needed
- Organizes and assists with the maintaining ITS equipment
- Informs ITS staff of department events and activities
- Assists with the planning and organizing department activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- General office experience that includes:
- Telephone Skills
- Creating documentation
- Meeting/event Planning
- Good verbal communication and written communication
- Dependability, attention to detail, goal oriented
- Maintain and keeps confidentiality confidentiality per HIPAA and FERPA regulations
- Organized, creative, and good listening skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Displays professionalism, a strong work ethic, and integrity