Department: Office of Admissions
Official Title: Data Processing Specialist - Inbound (Full-time)
Organizational Unit/Department: Admissions Data Processing Center
Work Location: Takoma Park, MD
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Director of Enrollment
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Data Processing Specialists are responsible for entering bulks of data into the system in a daily basis. Main duties are data entry of inquiries, applications, transcripts, test scores, letter of recommendations, and international financial documents for I-20 requirements. Additional duties that required a team member of Data Processing Center are to match academic catalog requirements with admission decisions on file, quality control of any item in file cabinets, review and inspect processes and procedures for quality of data, solving technical problems, and offering support to others such as Admission, Recruitment, Registrar, Student Support Service and Financial Aid Offices.
Highly organized. Extensively trained in spreadsheets transcription for processing and desktop publishing. Accurate, efficient and productive with data entry. Strong organization and analytical skills. Apply logical or methods to a wide range of technical problems that affect data reports.
Data Specialists communicate information into electronic data systems and record system in the cloud that is shared among other departments. The job requires to be detailed oriented in order to analyze and verify data to ensure accuracy of the information recorded.
Retrieve data from database or electronic files as requested. It also requires to sort out and organize important documents, files and information. Identify, describe and label incoming record materials, as necessary as well as manage files to ensure they get evaluated by the registrar’s office as soon as possible. This job mainly requires to be responsible for maintaining a well accurate and up-to-date information in our systems.
Skills & Abilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Certified in 10-key
- Spreadsheet management
- Microsoft Office/Computer proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service-oriented
- Invoice processing
- Advanced clerical knowledge
- Filing and data archiving
- Critical thinker/ Problem-solving skills
- Attention to details and accuracy in data entry
- Strong communication written and verbal skills
- Time management
- Team worker
- Minimal education is a high school diploma and undergo on-the-job training. Preferred Bachelor Degree
- Enter important documents for potential students.
- Coordinates and communicates with appropriate staff regarding the interface of the department files with register and operate, maintain and update data for consistency and adherence to standards.
- Attend recruitment events and meetings
- Compile statistical information for special reports.
- Verify and log deadlines for responding to daily inquiries.
- Create monthly reports for records closed terminated records and completed chart audits.
- Organize billing and invoice data and prepare accounts receivable and expected revenue reports for controllers.
- Verified accuracy of data before and after entry into system.
- Updated procedural manual to increase department efficiency.
- Oversaw department quality control for team work.
- Logged project starts milestones and completions.
- Stored retrieved and maintained data.
- Utilized strong project and time management skills to ensure all projects were completed on time.
- Added new material to file records and created new records.
- Produced monthly reports using advanced Excel spreadsheet functions.
- Obtained scanned records and uploaded them into the database.
- Entered numerical data into databases in a timely and accurate manner.
- Inspected database errors and resolved discrepancies.
- Manage student professionals
- Review initial letters from the Outbound team, and track filing system for deactivation.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree –Preferred in Counseling Psychology / Math
- Education or currently enrolled in college
- Good Organizational and Interpersonal Skills
- Onsite position only