Job Title: Enrollment Specialist for Public Schools and Community Outreach
Associate VP for Enrollment
Office Human Resources
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY:
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued, and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of the title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports to the Director of Enrollment. The Enrollment recruiter is a member of the Enrollment Management team and is responsible for implementing established student recruitment plans and strategies designed to increase the quantity, diversity, and success rate of WAU enrollment. This position provides friendly, professional, quality end-to-end service in records, registration, financial aid, student accounts, and other services.
- Supports the Admissions Counselor in providing service to prospective student regarding admissions, records, registration, scholarships, financial aid, student accounts, and programs of study, etc.
- Coordinates and collaborates with representatives from the student accounts, financial aid, advising and the Registrar’s Offices and other campus departments and personnel in order to resolve student issues and develop quality improvement methods.
- Represent WAU at area school and community events and serves an active role in all recruitment activities initiated by other campus entities. Conduct travel to secondary schools and other venues within the assigned area (may include evenings and weekends).
- Responsible for the Creation, Development, Implementation, of the Esports Program with respect to the universities budget.
- Serves as the Primary Coach for our Esports team and will be responsible for managing an Esports specific budget and coordinating the hiring of other Coaches if needed.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with individuals, departments, and organizations on campus as well as various constituencies off-campus, including secondary school officials.
- Assist in the planning and development of various materials designed to attract quality students to WAU.
- Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of One Stop Center processes. Provide suggestions to enhance the delivery of enrollment services information provided in person, via phone, and email.
- Perform general office and administrative functions as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information (FERPA Compliance).
- Maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs (such as Radius, DataTel, Microsoft Office programs).
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
- Maintain knowledge of College policies and procedures, College grounds and facilities, registration process, and all services provided at the College.
- Meet quantitative and qualitative departmental goals for inquiries, applications, and admitted and enrolled students through the completion, review, and conversion of applications for designated territory.
- Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
- Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
- Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
- Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Work a regular Monday through Friday occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates’ degree and five years related experience in higher education specifically in the areas of recruitment, admissions, and/or enrollment counseling, may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with both small and large groups.
- Ability to work with a diverse, non-traditional, and traditionally underserved population.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of a student information system and/or knowledge of microcomputer/software applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
- Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and make good decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities, community agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to interpret and communicate College policies and procedures.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional travel.