Washington Adventist University
Job Title: WAU Student - Office Manager, Halcyon Hall
Department: Halcyon Hall
Reports To: The Dean of Women
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
Energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all office clerical and administrative support functions for residence hall
- Record curfew infractions and deliver infraction notices to residents daily
- Take regular inventory of office supplies
- Assist with residence hall registration and orientation.
- Assist and coordinate with residence hall staff for end of year check out process
- Provide Front Desk Professionals with print out of After Hour Sheets
- Responsible for the publication of bi weekly Highlights
- Corresponding with guest about reservations and inquiries
- Respond to calls and emails daily
- Input work orders into Web Request for residence hall repairs daily
- Create New Student Packets for incoming students, as well maintain student records
- Assist Deans to prepare for special events on campus
- Training and coaching office staff and delegating assignments
- Assist students with opening doors
- Assist the Halcyon Hall Mail Clerk (as needed)
- Cover for the Dean when she’s attending meetings (as needed)
- Escort visitors, workers, or security (as needed).
- Fill in for Front Desk Professionals (as needed)
- Inform housekeeping of areas that need cleaning (as needed)
- Keep the main lobby areas clean of paper, bottles, etc.
- Maintain lobby bulletin board
- Miscellaneous office work (as needed)
- Organize storage rooms
- Maintaining the organization of filing systems
- Occasional residence hall walkthroughs
- Other duties as assigned
Title VII Exception Notice
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- Must be a student in good standing with a GPA of 2.5 or above
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Creative Thinking
- Trustworthy, able to respect confidentiality
- Team Player
- Mature attitude
- Flexible schedule
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and prioritize
- Good leadership skills
- Understand the mission of WAU and Residence Life
- Business Administration or related degree program majors highly preferred though not required
- Previous clerical or office experience highly preferred
- Office Manager mostly operates during regular work hours (ex. 9 am-3 pm). Applicant with open day schedule highly preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.