- Incumbents typically perform duties ranging in level from unskilled to skilled in chemistry and biology.
- Duties include preparation of media for laboratory activities, participation in the construction, assembly, testing and/or operation of laboratory equipment.
- Setting up teaching laboratories; ordering, receiving, and distributing laboratory supplies to faculty.
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment and supplies, and the maintenance of safety procedures in teaching laboratories.
- Supervising the lab and assisting students during chemical experiments.
- Grading the lab reports, quizzes, and proctoring exams, under the direction of the course instructor.
- Technical assignment for this job require scientific knowledge and skills at the college “lower/upper” level or equivalent knowledge and skills through experience.
- Laboratory experience consisting of at least one year college courses in the chemistry or biology.
- Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position, including;
- 1) leadership ability
- 2) oral communication skills
- 3) interpersonal skills.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.
Positions will be open until filled.