Job Title: I
ntegrated Marketing and Communications (IMC) Director
Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC)
VP of Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC)
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Plan and prepare marketing driven content for use across all university platforms. Use video and photography to support the university and departments in the development and implementation of innovative strategic marketing, outreach programs and initiatives designed to proactively engage prospective students, alumni, employees, donors, and stakeholders. Leverage experience with leading strategic marketing initiatives, including program messaging, social media strategy, digital strategy development, and stakeholder engagement. Communicate with all levels of organization and prepare and deliver content to management. Manage and maintain the university’s online digital presence, including content strategy and development. Plan and prepare media driven content for use across all university platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with the VP for Integrated Marketing and Communications in telling the story of WAU through multi-media, including print, digital, video and online.
- Utilize available multimedia tools to capture, edit and deliver engaging content telling the story of WAU.
- Design and layout visually attractive content, newsletters, ads, announcements, and various materials as needed.
- Take quality photos of various events and activities for social media, marketing and communication purposes.
- Manage department student professionals and interns to create content and multimedia for the university while offering an educational environment.
- Create stories, promotional campaigns and content to increase prospective student interest and enrollment, retention and success.
- Liaison closely with the Office of Advancement and other university offices to support their marketing and communication needs.
- Develop and manage a social media strategy to increase followers, media mentions, engagement, and enrollment.
- Attend to on campus communication via the WAU app, email, digital screens and SMS text alerts.
- Received: Receives direct supervision from the VP for Integrated Marketing and Communications
- Given: May supervise student professionals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in the strategic marketing or communication field, including content development, Web strategy, and implementation planning
- Advanced experience with Final Cut or Adobe Premier
- Proficient experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience using a Content Management System, including WordPress
- Ability to work with department leaders under tight deadlines and translate ideas and concepts into professional marketing and communication products, including designing ads, web banners, PowerPoint presentations, articles, e–mails to staff, and other products, as needed
- Understanding of digital marketing, SEO, and website maintenance in WordPress.
- Proven ability to optimize presence on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube)
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Experience with web graphics, social media, and online marketing
- Experience with Google Analytics or other Web traffic measurement platforms
- Proficient Photography skill
- Proficient Videography skill
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will frequently be called upon and must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- While in the field, the employee must be able to be physically able to get photography or video from unique angles, including from the ground or from a ladder or elevated position.
- Able to carry heavy camera/video equipment or items pertaining to the marketing and communication of the university.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.
- The environment calls for an ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Have adequate transportation
- Be timely and punctual
- Be a self-starter