Job Title: WAU Student - Office Assistant, Department of Religion
Department: The Department of Religion
Reports To: The Chair of The Department of Religion
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Works collaboratively with the the faculty in the Department of Religion. All student professionals should be able to assist with tasks and assignments given by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains office operations and serves the faculty, staff and students of the Department of Religion.
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; notifying and keeping abreast of supply shortages; ordering new department supplies; organizing and maintaining equipment.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation.
- Serves as department receptionist; answering questions; forwarding messages; assisting with professor scheduling; maintaining the department calendar and room reservations; keeping students informed of department events and activities; organizing and planning department activities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests such as assisting in grading and other tasks as assigned by supervisor and professors; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Title VII Exception Notice
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- Office Experience – General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting/ Event Planning, Verbal Communication/ Charisma, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail/ Organization, Administrative Writing Skills
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.