Job Title :
Information Technology Systems
Reports To :
FLSA Status :
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued, and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of the title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Summary of Position:
As a member of a small, highly productive team, the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the Ellucian Colleague systems and its other related applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day functionality of the institution’s ERP and LMS. WAU is seeking an IT professional with solid ERP, reports development, CRM, ColdFusion, Dotnet, SQL, and LMS experience.
- Supports the Ellucian Colleague ERP system in multiple domains but not limited to HR, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. Support users with ERP Communications Management. Create user documentation, train users and when necessary, create virtual fields and/or subroutines to support Communications Management.
- Monitor system performance, functionality, training end users and user experiences.
- Follow processes to verify data integrity, improve administrator and user access, manage courseware, and implement custom system and course configurations.
- Develop reports, and dashboards from various data sources.
- Troubleshoots and develops custom programs to enhance the Colleague ERP reporting system.
- Provides technical assistance, trains end users/technical support staff, responds to inquiries that are received via helpdesk, phone calls and assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist with other data cleanup, testing and ad hoc reports.
- Maintain HIPAA and FERPA compliances and Maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to employees and students.
- Technical support during any implementation of any tools related to ERP and LMS.
Required Education, Experience, and Characteristics:
- Supports faculty with course development, registering students in online and Web-enhanced courses, and other support initiatives in coordination with the Online Education Committee.
- Design, craft, and maintain policies, processes and workflows for the Learning Portal.
- Providing effective large and small group training on topics relating to the use of technology services in teaching and learning, delivered face-to-face, online, and blended.
- Prioritize the response to performance vulnerabilities; provide Level 2 and 3 technical support to troubleshoot system/course delivery, integrated data flow, and/or administration issues related to the LMS.
- Communicate with faculty on an ongoing basis regarding the availability and use of instructional technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- At least three years of prior related work experience in ERP Educational domain.
- At least 1 years’ experience administering learning management systems.
- Experience supporting learning management system integrations with an ERP or SIS system a plus.
- Motivated to learn about the evolution of instruction in higher education in the 21st century.
- Self starter with strong communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms and document business processes to both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Solid Colleague ERP experience in one or more applications (AP, AR, FA, and Ellucian Delivered Products).
- Knowledge of user interface optimization and user-experience design principles.
- Must be able to work effectively with all staff and work in a team environment.
- Maintain a friendly, positive, and professional relationship with all faculty, staff and students.
- Colleague Envision functional and technical knowledge, Colleague Studio, SQL Server, SSRS,
- Knowledge of some or all aspects of Google Assignments, Google Applications for Education suite (GSuite for Education), and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using MSSQL & MySQL Databases and store procedure and XML, WCF & Web Services
- Programming and documentation skills necessary to be successful in assessing, managing, designing, coding and implementing projects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees may occasionally be required to work long hours at a moderate level of stress.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. If a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.