Washington Adventist University
Transfer Admissions Adviser
The Office of Admissions & Recruitment
The Director of Admissions & Recruitment
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
The Office of Admissions at Washington Adventist University is searching for dedicated and experienced professional to serve the Transfer population. This position requires an individual who can transfer credit information, referrals, and support the transfer students through the transcript evaluation process, admission and registration. Services are provided to transfer undergraduate students through admission and transition advising; coordination of on campus activities with Admissions and Orientation offices; and advocacy assistance in facilitating connections to the campus community for articulation agreements. Due to the diversity of the transfer population, the transfer admission adviser will serve veterans and international students with transfer evaluation and admission services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to demonstrating full understanding of WAU academic requirements and policies, the successful candidate will:
- Provide a preliminary review of transfer credit to assist prospective students in understanding the transferability of courses taken.
- Build relationships with advising representatives and students from WAU.
- Coordinate Transfer Open House and recruitment activities with academic/advising community to reach and increase the number of new transfer. population• Provide transition assistance to incoming transfer students for admissions.
- Implement and maximize technology and resources required to maintain communication with prospect student.
- Built and update communication plan to engage the transfer prospect.
- Provide service in-person, by phone and via email to current students who have questions/concerns with transfer credits.
- Assist in other areas of the Office of Student Success as needed.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.
Position will be open until filled
- A master's degree is required.
- Applicants should have 1-5 years' experience working with college students in a University setting. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Other qualifications include knowledge of WAU admission policies; ability to use office automation, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software, as well as Radius CRM and Datatel.
- Ability to provide clear direction and establish efficient priorities.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask; ability to work well with others in the office and within the broader university environment; demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at WAU is required.
- Experience in customer service with international and veterans.
- Preferred with experience as DSO.
- Bilingual preferred.