Job Title: WAU Student-Admissions Front Desk Specialist
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Department: The Department of Admissions
Reports To: Admissions Director
Date of Posting: 04/12/21
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Responsible for assisting in the admissions department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phones and log incoming calls
- Route/Transfer calls to specific people.
- Answer inquiries about Admissions requirements
- Triage admission prospects for On site admission, Registration and Tours
- Support data process team for data entry of supplemental items
- Greet visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable.
- Ensure reception area is clean and organize
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of office.
- Coordinate office activities.
- Log incoming documents such as applications, transcripts, test scores, important document for
admissions, walk in visits
- Send email and faxes, Collect and distribute mail.
- Perform basic data entry, filing, and clerical duties.
- Schedule and Update appointments and admission counselor calendars
- Knowledge and ability to use customer relation log, Colleague and any other system to track
prospects or applicants
- Provide weekly reports
- Follow up with prospects about admission status or any other concern
- Participate in recruitment events at least 3 times in a year including weekend events
- Manage phones messaging across the Office
- Conduct occasional telemarketing to support admission counselors
- Must be a current WAU SGPS student
- Flexible hours
- Experience in front desk/clerical duties
- Use if technology to manage data entry and phone systems
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.