Job Title: Office Assistant
Job Class: Non-Exempt
Department: The Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations
Reports To: Executive Director of Development
Date of Posting: March 3, 2021
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Position includes responsibility for Front Desk Student Professional to support Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Advancement Department with computer and general office duties such as answering phone and in-person inquires, copying, faxing, filing, responding to emails, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive alumni and constituent information
- Monitor front desk forms and inventory (sign-in/sign out sheets, log sheets, etc.)
- Pick up mail daily for Office of Advancement & Alumni Relations from mailroom
- Assist in Alumni & Parents Weekend and Family Fun Fest planning, handling correspondence and files associated with each
- Support Advancement and Alumni Relations with on- and off- campus events
- Assist in editing documents and emails
- Ability to learn Consent Contact software
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Other duties may be assigned
Title VII Exception Notice
- Must be currently enrolled as a WAU Student
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills, prior experience preferred
- Attention to detail
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.