Job Title: Cashier/Receptionist - Full-Time (Temp to Hire)
Department: Accounting Services
Reports To: Executive Director of Accounting
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Collection of student funds and performs accounting responsibilities as listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handles all cashier transactions including payments and cash withdrawals.
- Prepares daily deposits
- Reconciles daily cash transactions
- Processes daily remote check deposits
- Assists in payroll data entry
- Assists students and/or parents with billing inquires
- Receptionist duties including answering the telephone with proper etiquette, filing, and scanning
- Retrieving phone messages 3 times daily
- Handles the delivery of incoming office mail, office depot, and other packages
- Organizes work by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information
- Other duties as assigned
Receives direct supervision from Executive Director of Accounting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma and three to five years of related experience.
- A.A. in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite, including, Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Datatel.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present before small and large groups.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deal with variety of office situations.
- Applies logical or scientific methods to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Keen attention to accuracy and to details.
- Demonstrates strong/positive customer service skills under stress.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and energy.
- Displays self motivation.
- Must be a team player.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.
- The employee will frequently be called upon and must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.