Washington Adventist University
Job Title: WAU Student – Cardio Room Assistant
Department: The Office of HWPE
Reports To: The Chair of HWPE
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Welcome cardio room attendees, monitor the sign-in book, maintain cardio room including clean & sanitize equipment, monitor bathrooms/lockers on the hour and touch-up as necessary, keep yoga mats & kettlebells clean and orderly, clean mirrors, clean windows, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist faculty with grading, copies, and filing
- Schedule study rooms
- Pick up HWPE department mail/packages; and any other office tasks.
- Help create workout programs for the participants
- Set up and conduct for HWPE campus or community activities
- Prepare to deal with emergency situations requiring CPR, First Aid and AED skills.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.
- Must be a WAU Student.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Able to perform basic mathematics.
- Able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Must be currently enrolled at Washington Adventist University.
- Must have a valid CPR, AED & First Aid certificate.
- Must have the followings NASM certification credentials: CPT, PES, CES