Washington Adventist University
Job Title: WAU Student – Campus Tour Guide
Department: The Office of Admissions
Reports To: The Director of Admissions
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Works collaboratively with The Director of Admissions and its staff. Other tasks assigned as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gives tours to prospective students and their families.
- Schedule Tours.
- Update information and innovate Tour Guide Manual.
- Assist at special campus events, including Open House and Preview Day.
- Coordinate guest rooms for guests.
- Follow up calls with students or guest.
- Maintain records of After Tour Surveys to improve the quality of tours.
- Additional tasks requested by the Director of Admissions.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.
- Excellent knowledge of the Washington Adventist University
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking to large diverse groups
- Ability to speak a second language preferred.