Washington Adventist University
Job Title: WAU Student - Lab Assistant, Computer Science
Department: The Department of Computer Science
Reports To: The Chair of Computer Science
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Student professional should be able to assist with tasks and assignments as assigned by the chair of the department or supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helping students with their lab exercises, both during lab time and also outside of the lab when needed
- Responsible for grading lab work
- Proctoring any quizzes or exams, under the direction of the course instructor.
Title VII Exception Notice
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- Mastery of the course and lab content, preferably through the successful completion of the course in the prior semester.
- Maintains a level of professionalism in all communication with others.
- Has interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate concepts to other students effectively and with compassion.
- Upholds and adheres to all Washington Adventist University student policies.
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.