Lab Monitor, ITS
Position is open until filled.
- Monitor computer lab during the full duration of the shift
- Inform the ITS department of any problems in the lab concerning equipment or patrons.
- Keep printers full of paper.
- Keep the lab area tidy, wipe down boards, push in chairs etc.
- Maintain the atmosphere of the lab at a reasonable level for everyone’s enjoyment.
- Help enforce the rules of the lab. (Example. No Food or Drink)
- Answer patrons general questions regarding the computers and software to the best of your ability
- Correspond in a friendly and helpful manner with the patrons of the computer lab.
- Must be a current WAU student
- Any major
- Minimal supervision
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Responsible nature
- Ability to perform job regularly in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations including: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Internet Explorer, Excel, Printing, Etc.
- Exceptional analytical abilities.
- Strong computer and database management skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and energy.
Title VII Exception Notice:
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.