Washington Adventist University
Job Title: WAU Student - Assistant, Center for Law & Public Policy
Department: The Department of History & Political Studies
Reports To: The Chair of the Department of History & Political Studies
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
The CLPP Specialist helps the Director implement all aspects of the Center's Programs at WAU. The responsibilities are therefore varied and will be performed as necessary, whether daily, weekly, and monthly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Staff responsibilities such as Maintain simple financial records, correspondence, and the files
- Organizing the schedule for the Mock Trial Team and other events involving the team in competition.
- Supporting the pre-law activities, arranging for transportation to events and setting up speakers.
- Acting as a liaison between the Pre-law club in the Center
- Helping to identify and place students in internships;
- Organizing and setting up Centers functions such as Pre-Law-attorney dinner, law school of admission panels, etc.;
- Editing Center publications such as the newsletter, pre-law handbook, etc
- Maintaining the center's website (needs to set up); and
- Assisting in working with Center's outreach to community, e.g. city organizations and other entities
- The restruct urging of the Center of Law and Public policy and program.
Title VII Exception Notice
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- 3 year Law student preferred
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.