Washington Adventist University
Job Title: WAU Student - Office Assistant, Department of International Student Programs
Department: The Department of International Student Programs
Reports To: The Director of International Student Programs
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Works collaboratively with the the staff in the Department of International Student Programs to ensure maximum efficiencies within the department. Student professional will serve as the first point of contact for the Office of International Student Programs and perform office functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering phones, questions, and directing callers to the proper resource
- Making appointments
- Scheduling testing
- Participating in the planning and set up of special events, such as Global Thinkers
- Maintaining national flags in Wilkinson Hall lobby.
- Be able to work evenings, as needed
Title VII Exception Notice
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- GPA of 2.7 or higher
- One year of customer service experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work without close supervision and adhere to work rules
- Time management skills
- Ability to follow confidentiality policies
- Strong work ethic
- Punctual, reliable, dependable
- Ability to multi-task
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.