Head Women's Soccer Coach
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued, and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of the title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
The qualified candidate will maintain a highly competitive NAIA soccer program to include the
recruitment of prospective scholar-athletes, practice planning and coaching, organization and
in-game coaching. Will support student-athletes excellence by encouraging academic progress towards graduation. This position is a stipend position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Title VII Exception Notice:
- Lead in scouting, recruiting, and retention of student-athletes.
- Lead with the development of team strategy and analyze the performance of student-athletes
- Help operate a successful program within NAIA and Continental Athletic Conference rules and regulations.
- Organize & Lead In-season practices and off-season workouts
- Schedule must be flexible for games & practices
- Organize and attend team functions
- Other duties as assigned
Washington Adventist University is committed to equal employment opportunities, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, age, race, color, or national origin. The University reserves constitutional and statutory rights as a religious institution and employer to give preference in employment to members of the Seventh-day Adventist church, and claims specific exemption from Title IX provisions as set forth in 34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.