Washington Adventist University
Job Title: ITS Assistant (Full-time Temp)
Department: Department of Information Technology Services
Reports To: Technical Support Manager
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Works collaboratively with the ITS director and staff. Answer the help-desk support phone-line and assist with tasks and assignments given by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as department receptionist; answering questions in a courteous and professional manner
- Answer and direct inquiries, forward information, and distributing communications to ITS staff and throughout campus when necessary.
- Collect and mail correspondence, copying information, and administer general office duties.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; notify and keep abreast of supply shortages; ordering new department supplies; organizing and maintaining equipment.
- Keep staff informed of department events and activities; plan and organize department activities
- ERP and LMS (D2L) integration support
- Managing the helpdesk tickets
- Other duties as deemed by supervisors
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- Office Experience – Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting/ Event Planning, Clear Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Maintain and keep confidentiality
- Must be organized, creative, and good listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong work ethic and integrity