Washington Adventist University
Job Title: Receptionist
Department: The Office of The Registrar
Reports To: The Registrar
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Works collaboratively with the Registrar and associates to ensure maximum efficiencies of the Office of the Registrar. All student professionals assist with seasonal tasks and assignments:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-Registration and Registration
- Special Projects
Primarily assists the Assistant Registrar with various office-related functions:
- Provide guidance to all constituents as it pertains to registrar related functions, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain student confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential as defined by FERPA guidelines
- Accuracy to details
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the various departments
- Faxing, filing, answering telephones, and recording messages
- Assist with front desk support as needed
- Assist with transcript processing & mailing
- Assist students in setting up their online accounts for MyWAU, Webadvisor, etc.
- Assist with getting the mail as needed
- Process and record in database general registration-related functions and forms such as add/drop, and withdrawals
- Process registration verification requests/ loan deferment forms
- Copy all Withdrawal forms and send to Financial Aid, Student Accounts
- Contribute to a team effort in a positive, proactive, timely manner as needed to accomplish office goals.
- Assists in day to day functions
Title VII Exception Notice
- Must be a currently enrolled WAU student
- Excellent customer service skills, prior experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Conversational Spanish helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people/departments.
- Must exhibit professionalism and proper phone etiquette
- Availability to work during the summer months
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.