WAU Student - Integrated Marketing and Communications
IMC Student Worker
Integrated Marketing and Communications
: VP for Integrated Marketing and Communications
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Washington Adventist University (WAU) and the Office of Advancement and University Relations is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of Integrated Marketing and Communications and public relations field. The student worker who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Spend the time it takes to learn the multiple aspects of the office of Integrated Marketing & Communications
- Learn Photoshop
- Learn InDesign
- Learn Constant Contact
- Learn how to speak on camera
- Keep track of Zendesk Tickets
- Schedule appointments for story interviews and video interviews
- Keep a calendar of appointments
- Maintain Invoices and Pre-Approvals for purchases and vendors
- Must enroll or be enrolled as a WAU graduate Student (preferably in a Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or major of a related field)
- Ability to work individually and with a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral communications skills
- Ability to engage people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to handle information with confidentiality
- Good time management
- Exhibits professionalism and integrity, and is courteous to faculty, staff and students.
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and experience in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media, demonstrated ability to write for the web and social media venues; and strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize projects and manage multiple deadlines. Demonstrated experience with email communication campaigns, particularly e-newsletters. Candidates with experience in Constant Contact, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office are a plus.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.