Job Title: Clinical Coordinator, Radiography
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued, and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of the title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
The Clinical Coordinator position is primarily responsible for coordinating clinical education and evaluating its effectiveness, correlating clinical education with didactic education, and working with clinical sites placing students and supervising their progress.
- Supports the program director to assure effective program operation; Supervises the clinical portion of the program; Ensures students have proper exposure to all areas of the clinical sites ensuring achievement of course learning outcome.
- Supports the program director with the completion of compliance certification and to provide, ongoing management for the development, implementation, and assessment of the program’s continuous quality effectiveness and accreditation requirements.
- Classroom teaching.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the educational and community partners.
- Reports to the Director of Radiologic Technology.
Title VII Exception Notice:
- Master's preferred
- (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technologist certification.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
- At least 1 year experience as an instructor in a JRCERT accredited program
- CPR certification and unrestricted state license in Maryland
Washington Adventist University is committed to equal employment opportunities, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, age, race, color, or national origin. The University reserves constitutional and statutory rights as a religious institution and employer to give preference in employment to members of the Seventh-day Adventist church, and claims specific exemption from Title IX provisions as set forth in 34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.