: WAU Student-Admissions Campus Visit Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Department: The Department of Admissions
Reports To: Admissions Director
Date of Posting: 04/13/21
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Serves as the first contact for prospective students and parents interested in WAU. Answers the phone, greets visitors, and coordinates details for individual student visits. Ensures all details are executed correctly in the while working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions. Provides information and general office support to admissions counselors and coordinates a variety of functions for the Enrollment team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers and follow up calls from interested students and/or their
family members. Provides friendly greeting, gives accurate
information, and makes referrals to additional campus contacts for
follow-up as needed.
- Works collaboratively with the admission staff to ensure a positive,
seamless, and memorable experience for campus visitors.
- Prepares materials such as name tags, agendas, and information
packets for campus visitors.
- Corresponds with prospective students and campus partners via
email. Records interactions and enters appropriate details into student
- Greets visitors and provides a welcoming “home base” while they are
- Resolves scheduling conflicts or other issues independently in a
professional and timely manner.
- Supervises a team of student campus visit assistants and provides
them work direction, training, and support. Works with student tour
guides to best meet the needs of visitors.
- Schedules, plans, and executes group visits (school groups, field trips,
- Assists in planning large open houses and on-campus visit events.
- Supports the Manager of Campus Visit Experience in scheduling
visitor appointments, gathering information on student interests, and
coordinating availability of faculty, coaches, tour guides, counselors
and others on-campus.
- Use of Campus Tour Log and CRM to maintain record of visitors.
- Correspondence and send survey to visitors to improve quality of
- Provide weekly reports representing impact in the conversion rate for
- Suggests strategies for continual improvement of the campus visit
- Provides additional support to admissions staff including data entry,
telephone work, and mail distribution.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in customer service and/or data
- Excellent computer skills and intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft
Office products, database basics, and advanced e-mail and calendar
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to make a positive first
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with outstanding detail orientation
despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage student workers and create effective outcomes.
- Strong problem solving and quick decision-making skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with the admissions team and
departments across campus.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a current SGPS WAU student
- Adaptability to changing needs, schedules, weather, and
- Detail orientation
- Verbal communication with a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Customer service orientation
- Intermediate excel, word and database
- Available Monday - Friday during 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Available to travel
- Experience in event planning and coordination
- Experience in a higher education setting is a plus.
- Lift 15 pounds on a frequent basis
- Climb stairs
- Bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.