Job Title: Business Law Adjunct
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Job Class: Exempt
Department: The Business Department
Reports To: The Chair of Business
Date of Posting: March 4, 2021
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
The Department of Business at Washington Adventist University is seeking candidates to expand its pool of adjunct faculty
teaching day and evening classes in the area of Business Law at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Applicants submitting applications are applying to be part of the adjunct pool
of instructors. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on student enrollment needs. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not automatically accepted to teach at Washington Adventist University. Decisions to hire applicants are made at the discretion of the department.
- Teach lectures and/or online for majors and non-majors courses
- Teach pertinent course content using lectures, demonstrations, class discussions, and other appropriate modes of educational delivery that promote educational and learning processes
- Prepare course outline and syllabus in accordance with guidelines, develop, course and lesson plans, and engage in the selection of textbooks and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses
- Evaluate student performance
Title VII Exception Notice
- JD degree with a focus in corporate and tax law or a related field from an accredited college or university
- of teaching experience in both the online and the traditional settings at the college level
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse population of students both in and outside the classroom
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior to college or university teaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the university’s philosophy, mission and core values
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.