Job Title: Office Assistant
Department: School of Graduate and Professional Studies (SGPS)
Reports To: Dean of SGPS
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
- Answer main SGPS direct line and direct calls appropriately.
- Answer inquiries regarding SGPS programs.
- Schedule appointments for Program Coordinators.
- Record student inquiries and inform appropriate staff for follow up
- Make new files for regular and special students.
- Assist with archiving of files and records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Title VII Exception Notice
- Must be enrolled currently as a WAU Student.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.