Washington Adventist University
Job Title: WAU Student – Accounting Assistant
Department: The Department of Accounting
Reports To: Accounting Director
Date: Immediate Opening
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Responsible for assisting in the accounting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in entering accounts payable vouchers
- Assist in entering journal entries
- Assist in reconciling the bank accounts
- Assist in filing
- Must be a current WAU student
- Attention to detail, ability to work 20 hours
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Sound analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills to support routine accounting operations
- Proficient use of Excel
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.