Washington Adventist University
Adjunct Faculty, Health, Wellness and Physical Education
Health, Wellness and Physical Education (HWPE)
The Department of HWPE at Washington Adventist University is seeking candidates to expand its pool of adjunct faculty
teaching day and evening classes. Applicants submitting applications are applying to be part of the adjunct pool
of instructors. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on student enrollment needs. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not automatically accepted to teach at Washington Adventist University. Decisions to hire applicants are made at the discretion of the department.
- Teach lectures for majors and non-majors.
- Teach pertinent course content using lectures, demonstrations, class discussion, and other appropriate modes of educational delivery that promote educational and learning processes.
- Prepare course outline and syllabus, develop course and lesson plans, and engage in the selection of textbook and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses.
Title VII Exception Notice
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or fitness from an accredited university, with a certification in the course specialty area required. Master’s degree in health and physical education preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse population of students both in and outside the classroom.
- Prior college or university teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the university’s philosophy and mission.
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.