Washington Adventist University
Job Title: Adjunct Faculty, Radiologic Technology
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Department: Medical Imaging
Report to: Chair
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Our faculty have outstanding academic credentials, know their fields inside and out, and have years of experience in the classroom. They love to teach and it shows. But just as important, WAU faculty care about each student’s academic and personal success and they do everything they can to help students to achieve their goals.
The Department of Medical Imaging at Washington Adventist University is seeking candidates for an adjunct faculty, teaching day courses. Courses taught may include core content of the radiography curriculum, patient care, positioning, equipment, clinical experience and general review. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on student enrollment needs. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not automatically accepted to teach at Washington Adventist University. Decisions to hire applicants are made at the discretion of the department.
- Teach pertinent course content for the major, demonstrations, class discussion, and other appropriate modes of educational delivery that promote learning and the development of relevant skills.
- Prepare a daily schedule for the syllabus and develop course and lesson plans.
- Supervise multiple clinical sites
- Competency review
Title VII Exception Notice
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and successful teaching record.
- ARRT Registered Technologist
- Maryland State License
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse population of students both in and outside the classroom.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the university’s philosophy and mission and commitment to it.
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.