Washington Adventist University
Title: Junior ERP/LMS Specialist
Job Title: Junior ERP / LMS Specialist
Summary of Position
Department: Information Technology Systems
Reports To: Sr. Programmer
FLSA Status: Exempt
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education
that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential
community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where
professional expertise is valued, and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as
we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of the title, every
employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and
competence to their communities.
As a member of a small, highly productive team, the successful candidate will play a key role
in supporting the Ellucian Colleague system, the Desire2Learn (D2L) Learning Management
System (LMS), and their related applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for
supporting the day-to-day functionality of the institution’s Enterprise Resource Planning
(ERP) and LMS. WAU is seeking an IT professional with ERP, reporting, Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) integration, technical training, and LMS experience.
Required Education, Experience, and Characteristics:
- Supports the Ellucian Colleague ERP.
- Monitors system performance and functionality
- Follows processes to verify data, integrity, improve administration and user access, manage courseware and implement custom system and course configuration.
- Develops reports and dashboards from various data sources.
- Troubleshoots programs to enhance the Colleague ERP reporting system.
- Provides technical assistance, trains faculty and staff, responds to inquiries that are received via helpdesk, phone calls and assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with other data cleanup, testing and hoc reports.
- Maintains HIPAA and FERPA compliances and maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to employer and students.
- Delivers technical support during implementations of tools related to ERP,LMS and CRM.
- Documents operational processes, procedures and workflows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- Programming and documentation skills necessary to be successful in assessing,
managing, designing, coding and implementing projects
- At least 1 year of technical customer support experience
- Self-starter with strong communication skills including the ability to explain technical
concepts in non-technical terms and document business processes to both non-
technical and technical audiences
- Knowledge of user interface optimization and user-experience design principles
- Must be able to work effectively with all staff and work in a team environment
- Maintain a friendly, positive, and professional relationship with all faculty, staff and
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees may occasionally be required to
work long hours at a moderate level of stress.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member
of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. If a qualified SDA
candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must
understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist
University as a condition of their employment.34 CRF (and subsections), insofar as they
conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.