Overview of the University
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Washington Adventist University seeks applicants for a faculty position in the Department of Communications. The department is looking for a quality team-oriented person who will positively impact our program and who might serve as the department chair. The department is committed to excellence in teaching, continuing professional development, and involving students in hands on experience.
The rank of the successful candidate is dependent upon previous experience.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Communication, preferred or a MA with teaching experience at the college level, with ability to teach Multimedia and related areas.
- Commitment to the instruction of an introductory course(s). Specific teaching responsibilities are negotiable.
- Enjoys contact with students and providing academic advisement.
- Interest in being part of a collegial team.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated initiative and energy.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.