: Sports Information Director/Compliance Coordinator
Organization: NAIA | Association of Independent Institutions (A.I.I.)
OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
The Sports Information Director/Compliance Coordinator at WAU is a multi-dimensional function that includes the maintaining of rich relationships with the media, the WAU Athletic Staff, WAU administration, Student-Professionals, the Association of Independent Institutions, and the NAIA. The Sports Information Director & Compliance Coordinator is responsible for keeping updated stats for our sports programs & ensuring that they are eligible to compete in the NAIA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Assist in day-to-day operations by verifying and/or arranging for logistical details.
- Supports student-athlete excellence by encouraging academic and athletic progress; interacts with faculty and staff regarding students’ academic progress.
- Coordinate NAIA compliance by determining student-athlete status; completing, requesting, and securing eligibility clearance; adhering to and enforcing policies and procedures, advising Athletic Director on action as needed.
- Represent the athletic program by attending athletic meetings and conventions; recruiting in conjunction with Marketing as directed.
- Monitoring eligibility and qualifications, submitting information and corresponding with the NAIA
- Direct sports information by managing and training statisticians; coordinating correspondence with media, competing schools, officials, NAIA, etc.; developing and producing athletic publications; maintaining team schedules; and maintaining athletic wauathletics.com
- Writes and edits promotional materials including press releases, newsletters, programs, and digital content (Graphics & Video)
- Prepare reports, statistics, and lists for NAIA and others by collecting and analyzing information; presenting or submitting information as requested.
- Maintain all WAU Athletics social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere & Photoshop or ability to learn.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required. Master’s Degree preferred. At least two years of experience working in collegiate athletics. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Premiere.
To be considered for this position applicants must apply through wau.edu
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.