Washington Adventist University
REACH Center for Urban Evangelism
PRIMARY DUTIES (but not limited to):
Student & Office Files
Position Summary: Office Assistant: The Office Assistant is the front line of most communication in and out of the school on daily basis. Along with maintaining a professional and productive environment, the office assistant maintains all day to day details of office operations.
- Register students each semester
- Collect medical and personal information for office use
- Orient student drivers with WAU Policies and order driving records (kept on file)
- Creat and organize files for documents
- Kindly and effectively communicate with guests, staff and students in person, phone, email, etc.
- Manage REACH CUE email
- Gather and sort REACH CUE mail
- Manage academic calendar
- Follow-up with guest teachers (invitation, confirmation, accommodations and classroom needs)
- Guest Teacher Follow-up post visit to REACH
- Building and maintaining public relations
- Parents, students, local churches, conferences, and union, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and/or execute events
- Socials, field trips, recruiting trips, graduation celebration, etc.
- Order office supplies
- Create organizational tools such as spreadsheets and/or filing systems
- Create/order materials and forms, as needed
- Maintain a tidy and organized office and classroom area
- Keep track of loaned books and materials
- Manage PR
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University
- Must be a current WAU student
- An active relationship with Jesus as a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and committed to its values and standards
- Self-starting and hard working. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management. • Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. • Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines. • Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel to create letters and basic spreadsheets. • Fluent in social media platforms. • Able to interact purposefully with students, parents, staff, and constituency