Washington Adventist University
The Department of Nursing
Adjunct Nursing Graduate Faculty
is seeking candidates to expand its pool of adjunct faculty. Applicants submitting applications are applying to be part of the adjunct pool of instructors. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on student enrollment needs. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not automatically accepted to teach at Washington Adventist University. Decisions to hire applicants are made at the discretion of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in Nursing Administration, Nursing Problem Solving Skills Development, Applied Research Techniques, Nursing Operations and Delivery Systems, Professional Ethics in Nursing and other courses needed.
- Supervise Nursing Administration practicum in a healthcare setting
- Able to teach Graduate students in a traditional or online environment.
- Develop curriculum for assigned courses.
- Evaluates students based on criteria described in course syllabus.
- Provide clinical instruction and supervision.
- Demonstrate and fosters excellence in teaching and service; values research.
- Promotes Christian values in teaching methods and interaction with students.
- Provides time for academic advising of students and maintains regular office hours.
- Assist in departmental assessment of learning outcomes.
- Assist in University Preview and promotion of department.
- Assist with departmental meetings and events.
- Serves on various academic committees as requested.
- Supports the University mission, visions, and values.
- Conducts research in a particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals.
- Doctorate (Ph.D) in Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) required.
- Face to Face and Online teaching experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse License in Maryland.
- Current CPR Certification.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.