Washington Adventist University
Information Systems, Adjunct Faculty
Duration: Temporary Positions
Job Title: Information Systems, Adjunct Faculty
Department: School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Reports To: SHPSW & SGPS Deans
Prepared By: Office of Human Resources
School of Graduate and Professional Studies looking for a qualified personnel to teach Upper Division Courses in the Bachelors of Science in Information Systems program at Washington Adventist University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Teaches lecture and laboratory sections
· Develops curricula
· Maintains department standards
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field; or Master's Degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field such as Information Technology, Informatics or Systems Analysis
· All educational degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
· Documented experience with applied teaching and learning methodologies
· Ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide range of skills as well as experience Teaching Online courses.
· Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to work well with students and colleagues in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekend assignments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Title VII Exception Notice
Washington Adventist University is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such the University has the legal right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist ("SDA") Church in its hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not identified, the University will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand and respect the mission, purpose, and identity of Washington Adventist University as a condition of their employment.